These are the social issues you must know about Chinese visas

Aug 28 - 2023

What do passports and visas mean?

With the New Year's application season, we begin to receive acceptance letter after acceptance letter. Passport and visa processing becomes the next application hong kong Many students have questions about this aspect of visa processing, today, Beijing small series to give you a popularization of passports, visas, small common sense, hurry to collect!

What do passports and visas mean?

1. passport

Passport is a legal document issued by a country to prove the nationality and identity of its citizens when entering or leaving the country and traveling or staying abroad. passport the word in English means port pass. In other words, a passport is a permit for citizens to pass through international ports of countries. For this reason, some countries around the world usually issue passports instead of passports.

2. Visa

Visa is an endorsement or stamp by the sovereign authority of a Chinese country on a passport or other cultural travel-related document held by a national or foreign corporate citizen to indicate that he or she is allowed to enter or leave the country or is required to pass through the country's borders, which can also be said to be an endorsement-type certificate issued to him or her. In a nutshell,apec card hk a visa is an important document issued by an entry and exit information management agency of a country (such as the Immigration Bureau or its embassies and consulates abroad) to indicate the behavior of a foreign citizen that the company approves his/her entry into the country.

It is worth noting:

Some countries require that the visa remains valid when the passport expires, but the visa is not valid; others require a visa transfer, whereby the expired visa is transferred to a new passport.

In addition, some countries will determine the validity of the visa based on the remaining validity of the applicant's passport. For example, when the remaining validity of the passport is 3 years, when applying for a 10-year tourist visa,chinese visa you can only get a 3-year visa. Therefore, when applying for a visa, it is recommended to understand the relevant specific regulations before considering whether it is necessary to get a new passport first.

How are visas categorized? What are the types of visas

1. According to the type of passport, visas can generally be categorized into diplomatic visas, official visas and ordinary visas.

That is to say, those who hold a Chinese diplomatic passport are issued with a diplomatic work visa, those who hold an official passport are issued with an official visa, and those who hold an ordinary passport are issued with an ordinary student visa.

2. Visas are generally categorized as immigrant (permanent resident) and non-immigrant based on entry and exit.

Non-immigrant visas include study visas, tourist visas, work visas, and business visas.

visa application hong kong

3. Based on the number of valid visas, visas are generally categorized into one valid visa and multiple valid visas.

The number of valid visas refers to the number of entries the holder can use within the validity period of the visa. Valid visas expire once used, and multiple valid visas can be used for multiple entries. Of course what kind of visa is issued with a long validity period.

What are the limitations of the visa

Each Chinese national development provides various different permissions for the visas it issues.

Holders of a country's study visa, after entering the country, the main time can only study, can not work; or can work, but the place and time of work is limited.

Accompanying visa holders are not allowed to participate in training courses for a long time after entering the country. So if there are other needs, you can apply for another visa of the appropriate category.

If the activities carried out after entry are not in accordance with the nature of the visa applied for, even within the validity period of the visa, the visa requirements are violated and may lead to a requirement to leave the country, which also adversely affects future visa applications. The length and frequency of the validity period is determined by the visa authorities on the basis of the applicant's particular circumstances.

Do I need to apply for a visa to visit another country while I am studying abroad?

The need for another visa varies from country to country of study. Therefore, it is advisable to make prior knowledge and determine whether the country of destination of teaching we need a visa, if one is not visa-free or visa-on-arrival, it is generally necessary to apply for it yourself.

You can find out if you need to return to your home country, where you need to go and what documents you need. If you are studying in the UK and want to play in Australia, then the Australian Embassy can be found on the UK website with specific requirements and requirements.

Can I travel freely in and out of any Schengen country with a Schengen visa?

A Schengen visa is the standard form of visa for short-term visitors from countries that have signed the Schengen Agreement. Once an applicant has been granted a visa for one Schengen country (regardless of whether the application is for a single-entry or other multiple-entry option), he or she can remain in that country for the duration of the visa's validity in and out of all Schengen countries.

Although you can enter and leave any Schengen country with a Schengen visa, you should submit your application to the embassy of the main country in which you are staying (i.e., you should submit your application for the maximum length of stay to the embassy or consulate of that country). If the length of stay in several countries is similar, you can submit your application to the embassy or consulate of the first country of entry.

Can you change your itinerary after getting your visa?

You can change your itinerary after you get your visa, but at least make sure that the main country of entry or the first country of entry (i.e. the country where you applied for your visa) is there. As long as the changes are minor, such as changes in airfare or hotel bookings, they are not major issues and do not need to be reported to the embassy.

In addition, for international students who wish to study in a Schengen country, upon arrival in the country of destination, they need to register their residence with the local organization in charge of the residence of foreign nationals within a specified period of time. With this residence registration, it is possible to travel to all other Schengen countries without having to apply for a Schengen visa.